* COMMUNICATES with state and national, public and private agencies and organizations to keep up on industry information and to maintain cattle industry allies in the political arena.
* MONITORS and offers industry perspectives to the government's regulatory agencies, particularly regarding animal health issues on the state and federal levels.
* PROTECTS the inherent property rights of landowners, so decisions regarding property are made by those who own it and pay taxes on it.
* DEFENDS against environmental and animal rights extremists.
* PROVIDES free, confidential, expert advice to producers about their animal waste systems and other environmental concerns through its new Environmental Services Program.
* SUPPORTS country-of-origin labeling that informs consumers where their food comes from and helps American producers differentiate their product in the marketplace.
* PROMOTES the North Dakota Beef Quality Assurance Program and its own Vaccination Information Program to increase long-term beef demand and member profitability.
* KEEPS members abreast of vital industry news through the award-winning North Dakota Stockman magazine and other communiques.